What to do and ask your Dr?
You have just been given some shocking and devastating news. You probably have a thousand questions circulating in your head and feel overwhelmed and confused. At the risk of being cliche, I remember feeling like a deer in the headlights.
The following are some important questions to ask your doctor:
· What stage is my cancer?
· Is my cancer invasive?
· Am I a candidate for Oncotype DX®, or other diagnostic tests?
· Will I have further testing to determine if my cancer has metastasized?
· What is my lymph node status?
· How large is my tumor?
· What grade is my tumor?
· What is my hormone receptor status?
· What is my HER2 status?
· How quickly is my cancer growing?
· What are my chances for a recurrence?
· Is there a way to determine the likelihood that I will benefit from chemotherapy?
· How can I get a copy of my pathology report and testing information?
Obtain a copy of your pathology report from your doctor to help you stay informed about your breast cancer and treatment options. Read it thoroughly and ask questions to insure you will have all the tools you need to make a decision.